Ron McPherson And I

We are Message Board Other Kitsie Stuff Ron McPherson And I

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Gerry Moores 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Gerry Moores

June 11 – 2017: I had a drink with Ron McPherson this afternoon at the Army and Navy on Main Street. Ron has had many interesting travels and adventures in conjunction with his former military research work. I very much enjoyed hearing about his adventures in places off the beaten track; some that sounded a bit risky, even to me; and I haven’t shied away from modes of travel and colorful destinations that can be a little rough around the edges. Perhaps I’m developing late-onset caution!!

Last night it was a pleasure to see so many of our class of ’60 looking so well. Sure, we’ve got a bit of cognitive decline in some quarters, but at age 75 what group hasn’t? Among some tales of disappointment for roads not taken, or paths prematurely truncated, I was particularly moved to hear from so many, however they may have expressed it, of their contentment and their gratitude for their health and the comfort of their lives.

Measured against so many miserable existences, of abject poverty and wretched abuse, both here in Canada, and so much more markedly in the Third World, we have much to be thankful for.

I hope God’s benevolence will continue to confer our wealth , our freedom and the benefits of growing up in this lovely country upon our children. And upon theirs.

Gerry

Reply To: Ron McPherson And I
Your information: